Monday, January 25, 2010

Flamenco y Plazas

Our first weekend in Sevilla provided some much needed rest, but we were also able to go out and experience some culture, too. Friday night we went to see a Flamenco show at a Flamenco bar, and if that wasn't Spanish enough, we had "tintos de verano," a typical Spanish drink made from wine.


On Saturday we stumbled upon the Plaza de Espana, which kind of can't be described adequately. It just looks like it belongs on a postcard, and every time you turn a corner it opens up and becomes even more impressive. It's huge!


Most of the city closes on Sundays, but I walked around just before nightfall, and I think these are my favorite pictures so far, everything just looks so gorgeous at night.


Today we had our placement test for our language classes and got to see the University, I don't really have an impression of it yet but I'm looking forward to beginning classes on Wednesday, I'm starting to forget there's a "study" part to this study abroad.



No comments:

Post a Comment