Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Normal Week....

This week has felt incredibly long, I’m assuming its because we stayed in Sevilla and didn’t travel, which I’m kind of happy about – even though not much happened this weekend, it was nice to take a breath. I had two exams this week and Friday we leave for Granada (The train leaves at 7 in the morning. Which means leaving the house at 6. I will not be having any more train sprints if I can help it.)

The weather has not been very cooperative, its been rain, rain, and more rain – and everyone loves to remind us that it never rains this much in Andalucia. Buuut the whole world is going crazy right now so I guess Spain is just trying to join in on the fun. The weather has forced me indoors and let me do a bit of studying and planning for trips coming up, and on Sunday I got to Skype with my sister and my grandmother, which really made my weekend.

I think this much rain for Sevillanos is equivalent to snow for those of us in SC – they just don’t know what to do when it happens because it’s so rare, so everything kind of becomes dead.

Thankfully, Tuesday we got a break and the sun came out. It was gorgeous. This city really changes when there’s sunlight – everyone is just outside and by the river and in the parks. I really hope the weather changes soon and we get solid sun like we’re supposed to have. After a long morning of classes and a delicious lunch (with flan), Christin and I went to meet with a bible study made up of American students here in Spain. I’m really glad I went, it was so great to get to meet more students here and spend time reading the Bible and hearing about their lives (In English). I was glad to see a good mixture of students from all parts of the US (and even Australia), but this group is also made up of two Clemson students also here in Sevilla (I thought I was the only one!), which really excites me and I never cease to be amazed at how small the world is.

I’ve been quite boring this week, so sorry I don’t have much to update on. Studying for exams has kept me indoors and fairly busy, and considering my alarm tomorrow will probably be going off around 5:30, I think it’s going to be an early night.

The next post will be about my trip to Granada, so hope everyone has a wonderful weekend – and those of you leaving on the FCA mission trip this Spring Break – all the best, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment