Monday, May 3, 2010

El Primero de Mayo!

The Saturday following our Ronda trip, Sydney, Candace, Christin, and I decided to rent a paddleboat on the Guadalquiver river.


It really could not have been a more gorgeous day!!



We got chased by a boat full of male, Spanish teenagers....


But thanks to our legs of steel, we escaped!


Sunday, Christin and I went to encounter, a contemporary Christian church here led by a missionary from Spain. His Spanish is clear enough to understand him perfectly, and I love getting the chance to worship in Spanish - I recognize the songs as translations of ones that I know, but singing in another language just reminds me how universal and big God is.

It's also a great reminder of how much my Spanish has improved since getting here. I watched Pan's Labyrinth this weekend as well and watched it in Spanish without subtitles and followed the entire thing - that wouldn't have happened four months ago - no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment