Monday, May 17, 2010

La Ultima Semana!

Well, I'm officially down to my last days in Spain - this is the part where I say "for the last time in Sevilla" as it relates to anything. At dinner on Sunday our senora told us that this time next week, we'd be eating with our own parents, and I got really sad. Not because I'm sad to see my dad and my sister - I'm quite excited, I just want to take Ana and Antonio with me. Do host families count as carry on?

I was sick all weekend, which was a little disappointing because it's my last weekend here and I had plans to do more than lay in bed, but I actually can't complain that much. I got to talk to Ana a lot while I was home sick, and she took awesome care of me.

I think I would have had an entirely different study abroad experience had I stayed in an apartment or dorm instead of with a family, and while there are definitely some advantages to that, I wouldn't trade staying with my host family for anything. I feel like Ana is another grandma to me, and she spent all weekend bustling in and out of my room giving me tea and taking my temperature and giving me medicine - just above and beyond anything I would expect. I know some people got bad host families or have had just mediocre experiences, but my time living with Ana and Antonio may be what I miss most.

I don't know what I'm going to do without having the opportunity to speak Spanish every day, eating Ana's lentil soup and flan while watching Pasapalabra or De Buena Ley!

I guess it's just time to enjoy it, I'm feeling better just in time for exams and I have the week ahead to do the last of everything I want - though I don't feel like I'm leaving Sevilla unfinished, Im so happy with the time that I spent here and I can't wait to tell everyone about it when I get home.

I'll have a final reflection posted at the end of my trip, and hopefully I can word everything as eloquently as I wish to convey what this experience has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment