Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sun!

Monday was a gorgeous day here in Sevilla – finally! I’ve been trapped by rain for so long its so nice to come back from a trip and have warm, clear weather. It was in the 20’s! (Celsius, of course). I went running by the river in shorts and a jacket and I actually got a little toasty.

Tuesday turned out to be one of those days where I realize how lucky I am to be having an experience as unique as the one I’m being allowed this semester, and nothing truly exceptional actually happened: it was just a normal day full of fun experiences that I think I’m going to miss when I go home.

After a delicious lunch and a siesta, I met up with Candace and Christin to use the internet at Melie’s, but they realized they had to go meet their intercambio, so I was pulled along. We went to a bar where he knew the owner, and we tried some tapas and had good conversation - I learned some useful Spanish and we got to teach him some useful English, including the difference between ham and jam.. During dinner, our roommate told us she was going to a nearby pub to watch a soccer match with some friends from her class, so we got to go along and sit in a Spanish sports bar watching Barcelona play a German team with all of her German and Eastern European classmates – it was a lot of fun, I’ve truly enjoyed the diversity of people I’ve been allowed to meet here; one of her classmates is a cultural anthropologist doing PhD research on gypsies.

Wednesday is my last day of classes for the week – we have a 5 day weekend for some random reason. We’re headed to Barcelona on our first weekend excursion not planned by our study abroad organization, so it should be interesting, and I’m definitely excited to see that city.

No comments:

Post a Comment