Friday, February 26, 2010

This is Typical Weeknight Stuff, Obviously

Wednesday was our last day of classes for the week because Sunday is Andalucia Day, celebrating their beginning as an autonomous community. Obviously, this holiday requires us to have a 5 day weekend....

Wednesday night we went to "Euromania" at 100 Montaditos, a chain of bars around Sevilla. Montaditos are little sandwiches...and as you can guess, there are literally 100 on their menu. Everything from simple ham to delicious conconctions with grilled salmon. Every Wednesday the entire menu, including drinks, is one euro. It was a chaotic mess to shove our way through and find out how to order, and then I had to clarify to the lady that she had forgotten all of our drinks...but at least I got to practice my Spanish. I have to say these little sandwiches are absolutely delicious and Im looking forward to next Wednesday...only 99 more to try!

Thursday we flew out for Barcelona! It was a really bumpy flight and I got a little motion sick, but I dont know what I can blame that on, the weather was really crappy when we left Sevilla and it was a smaller plane. Luckily coming into Barcelona, its been gorgeous. I plan to have a full update on the trip with pictures, etc, but I wanted to make a quick post about the beginning of the weekend before I had to write a long winded essay upon coming home. Lets just say our first day in the city consisted of gelato for dinner, shopping by the Mediterranean, a pub crawl with a crazy Croatian, and clubs on the beach. Today was a LOT of walking around by Park Guell and the Gaudi houses.

I really love Barcelona so far but its definitely in a different way than how I love Sevilla. This is such a metropolis here and there is so much English (and every other language). I dont think I would have liked to try to learn Spanish here. The creeper count here is also considerably higher. But its been a blast so far for a visit and its such a gorgeous city, Im glad to still have a day and a half left.

No comments:

Post a Comment